Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beautiful Tribute to Carol Stack

When I think of a funeral or memorial service I tend to think of a sad or depressing day. Today's service for Carol was not like that. It doesn't mean there weren't tears there was but there was also laughter, stories, more laughter and lots of hugging.

Debbie, Dineen, Doreen, Dennis and their significant others but on a beautiful party honoring their mother. The buffet table appeared to be endless; there was never an empty dish on the table. The dessert table was incredible. I may have gained a few pounds just walking by it. Ok, ok, I may have had 1 or 2 cookies. As soon as I saw the champagne being poured I had to laugh. I always think of the Stacks when I see champagne.

I feel very honored and proud to be part of the Nerney family. A friend at work offered to call me today and say I needed to come into work to escape the party. I looked at her in disbelief and replied, no I love being with my family. Sad to think so many don't have this connection.

Carol enriched my life. I'll miss her.

Norah

No comments: